When asked how I help clients, my response is simple. My commitment is to provide guidance in support of an appropriate financial plan we develop together. This could include but would not be limited to any of the following financial planning services:
- Investment Planning — I conduct a thorough review of a client’s portfolio to confirm that it aligns with a client’s specific goals and risk tolerance.
- Estate Planning — I work closely with clients’ respective CPA and attorneys to create an estate plan that minimizes their tax liabilities and designates that their wealth is distributed according to their wishes.
- Retirement Planning — After conducting an in-depth review of a client’s retirement plans, we consider and construct withdrawal optimization strategies in compliance with the latest laws regarding required minimum distributions.
- Risk Management and Insurance Planning — It is important to regularly review policies to make sure they are up to date with the correct beneficiaries and coverage.
- Financial Planning for Loved Ones — I help create a strategy for clients who want to make significant gifts, save for college tuition or create 529 plans.
Raleigh Smith joined Forum Financial Management in 2022 as a financial advisor in the South Miami office. Prior to joining Forum, Raleigh served as a financial representative for NPC Financial. Raleigh approaches client meetings with open-ended questions to better understand a client’s circumstances and needs.
Throughout his life, he has had the privilege of observing and learning from a seasoned financial advisor, Forum Partner David Smith. Raleigh is proud to follow in his father’s footsteps and develop decades-long relationships with his clients so they can gain financial confidence as they work toward reaching their financial goals.
When Raleigh is not serving his clients, he spends his time actively participating on the Northwestern Tennis alumni board. He was a professional tennis player on the ATP Tour.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in learning and organizational change from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, where he was also a member of the Division l tennis team. He also enjoys playing padel and tennis and spending time with his dog, Barkley.
MY ARTICLES & INSIGHTS
A PERSONAL APPROACH
Tell Us About Your Financial Life and Aspirations
Your experience begins with an initial meeting to identify your financial vision for the future and risk tolerance levels. We review our investment philosophy and approach with you so that you fully understand each milestone of our process and how our relationship will evolve over time.
Discuss Topics Crucial to Your Financial Success
Over the course of the next few meetings, the content and breadth of each meeting is defined by your personal needs. We can review your estate planning and risk management needs, discuss retirement accumulation or distribution planning, evaluate educational funding needs, review your tax situation, and go over any other items crucial to your financial success.
Develop a Strategic Plan Unique to You
Once you select an allocation, we put together a strategic implementation plan that will coordinate investment of your portfolio between qualified (tax-advantaged) assets and non-qualified assets in order to maximize tax efficiency. The topics we address during our time with you vary depending on your unique needs and situation.
Putting Your Plan Into Action
We establish your Forum account based on the portfolio allocation we discussed and what we learned about your risk tolerance and financial goals. With your new Forum account now in place, you will have the opportunity to access your Forum Client Portal for the first time and connect with members of the Forum Client Service team.
Review Goals and Plans When Your Life Changes
You will receive reporting that will clearly show your performance net of all fees and compared to applicable market indexes. Additionally your assets are held at a reputable third-party custodian that furnishes independent monthly reports so you can feel confident about the safe handling of your money.