Last Updated March 2022
If you are a California resident, please review our Supplemental Notice for California Consumers, which further describes the personal information we collect from California residents, how we use and share this information, and certain rights you may have under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect certain nonpublic information about you (“Client Information“). The essential purpose for collecting Client Information is to allow us to provide financial advisory services to you. Client Information we collect may include the following:
- Information that you provide on applications or other forms which may include personal and household information such as income, spending habits, investment objectives, financial goals, statements of account, and other records concerning your financial condition and assets. Additional information we may gather includes information concerning employee benefits and retirement plan interests, wills, trusts, mortgages, and tax returns.
- Identifying information such as your name, age, address, social security number, etc.
- Information about your transactions with us, or others (e.g. broker/dealers, clearing firms, or other chosen investment sponsors).
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies (e.g. credit bureaus), as well as other various materials we may use to provide an appropriate recommendation or to fill a service request.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Forum uses Client Information for the following purposes: To provide financial services to our Clients such as processing and fulfilling financial transactions.
- To contact you to discuss the services you receive from us or to respond to any questions or concerns you have raised.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our websites and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To verify your identity, for other fraud, crime prevention, or anti-money laundering activities, and other compliance checks and controls.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to valid law enforcement, legal, or regulatory requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For marketing purposes.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our websites, products, and services.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to those employees who need to know that information to service your account. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal or state standards to protect your nonpublic personal information.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We do not disclose the nonpublic personal information we collect about our customers to anyone except: (i) in furtherance of our business relationship with certain service providers, and then only to those persons necessary to effect the transactions and provide the services that they authorize (such as broker-dealers, custodians, independent managers, third-party service providers, insurance companies, etc.); (ii) to persons assessing our compliance with industry standards (e.g., professional licensing authorities, etc.); (iii) our attorneys, accountants, and auditors; or (iv) as otherwise provided by law.
If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive client, we will adhere to our privacy policies, which may be amended from time to time.
DISCLOSURES TO ASSOCIATED FIRMS
Some of our advisors are associated with an unaffiliated broker-dealer. If you presently have a brokerage account at that firm, the broker-dealer has possession of your nonpublic information. These advisors may obtain information necessary to fulfill your requests, service your products or offer you other products or services of interest to you.
Certain partners or advisors are also associated with related accounting firms. If you are a client of a related accounting firm, these partners or advisors may obtain information necessary to complete your tax return. Necessary information may include Tax Related Documents such as 1099s and Realized Gains/Loss Reports.
Forum uses third-party technology to manage and aggregate client assets that are held away. This technology is provided by OWL Technology, LLC. Forum is affiliated with OWL Technology, LLC under common control and ownership. Clients are not charged extra for these services, but a portion of the client fee paid to Forum is paid to OWL Technology, LLC for these services.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We may also use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use Online Services. These cookies collect information in the aggregate to give us insight into how Online Services is being used. We anonymize IP addresses in Google Analytics, and the anonymized data is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. For an overview of these Google Analytics cookies, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. You may install a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS AND SIMILAR MECHANISMS
Except as required or permitted by law, we do not share confidential information about you with non-affiliated third parties. In the unlikely event, there were to be a change in this fundamental policy that would permit or require additional disclosures of your confidential information, we will provide written notice to you, and you will be given an opportunity to direct us as to whether such disclosure is acceptable.
Please contact our office if you would like a current copy of Forum’s ADV Part 2A mailed to you.